Yields three cups
24 ounces of chopped semi sweet chocolate or chocolate chips
12 fluid ounces of heavy cream
- Pour chocolate into a heat safe bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream in a sauce pan until it comes to a boil.
- As soon as the cream boils, pour it over the chocolate.
- Give the bowl a jiggle so that all of the chocolate is covered with cream.
- Let the bowl sit for 4 minutes.
- With a whisk, stir the chocolate slowly and firmly. Avoid making bubbles. Whisk until the mixture has a silky smooth, shiny consistency.
- Cover and press plastic wrap directly onto the chocolate and the inner sides of the bowl.
- Let sit in the fridge over night.
- Remove the plastic wrap and heat in 30 second increments until it becomes a spreadable liquid (a bit thinner than peanut butter) for frosting or filling a cake
The proportions for chocolate ganache are 2 to 1: two parts weight of chocolate to one part volume of heavy cream. Convert this recipe for a bigger or smaller batch as needed.